Montelago Celtic Festival, on the occasion of its 16th edition to be held from 2nd to 4th August 2018 on the alpine plains of Colfiorito among the Umbria-Marche Apennine mountains, is staging, in collaboration with the Druidia Festival of Cesenatico (Rn), the Mutina Boica Festival of Modena, the Abruzzo Irish Festival of Notaresco (Te), the Matese Friend Festival di Monteverde of Bojano (Cb) and the Crono Sound Factory of Vimodrone (MI), the 4th EUROPEAN CELTIC MUSIC COMPETITION, hereafter referred to as the European Celtic Contest (ECC). The ECC will take place on Thursday 2nd August at 10pm on the festival’s Mortimer Pub stage.
Music groups that meet the following requirements can participate:
- Existing bands or bands formed for the occasion with at least 3 and at most 8 members, and that have an identifying name.
- Have a repertoire of original tracks inspired by Celtic music or original arrangements of traditional Celtic music; any and all forms of fusion with other musical traditions and genres is permitted.
- Use at least one acoustic instrument from the Celtic music tradition or stylistic form.
- Registration is free, with a deadline of midnight on 30th June 2018. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To participate, all parts of the attached registration form must be completed, and must be accompanied by a copy of the group manager’s identity document.
- Send one of the following: two tracks recorded in mp3; two youtube links of video clips or live performances; a track in mp3 and a youtube link. Sending of required materials must be done through email only to email@example.com
JURY AND REGULATIONS
- All materials received will be evaluated by a commission of 6 expert jurors of Celtic music, who will perform a pre-selection. Subsequently, 4 bands will be selected to participate in the final on Thursday 2nd August at the Montelago Celtic Festival.
- The 4 finalist bands will be notified by 10th July 2018.
- The 4 finalist bands must present themselves by 3:00 pm on Thursday 2nd August 2018 at the Mortimer Pub stage in the central area of the festival.
- The stage features a standard resident backline (drums, guitar amplifier, bass amplifier).
- Each group will have 30 minutes to do a sound check and 40 minutes to perform.
- The performance programme will be established by the organization according to the characteristics of the specifications submitted by each finalist group.
- At the end of the evening the jury will select the winning group of the European Celtic Contest’s 4th edition.
- The winning group will perform the following day, Friday, 3rd August, on the Mortimer Pub stage at 3:45pm, and will be an official guest on the 2019 programme of the Montelago Celtic Festival, as well those of the Mutina Boica festival of Modena, the Druidia festival of Cesenatico, and the Fairylands festival of Guidonia; for each festival performance the group will receive €800 plus board & lodging for all members of the group. In addition, the group will have the opportunity to record a single, including mixing and mastering, at the Crono Sound Factory in Milan.
- Each member of each finalist group will be entitled to dinner, including drinks, and an overnight stay and breakfast in a hotel on Thursday 2nd August.
- The jury's decision is final and unappealable.
- For any other information, the organization is available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org